An orchestral MIDI mock-up designed to demonstrate the strengths and versatility of Eastwest Quantum Leap’s Symphonic Orchestra sample library, while maintaining a very low resource footprint. Calm and flowing, bombastic and playful, the piece transitions through several cinematic moments in order to cover a variety of musical styles.
The Project File
All of the MIDI and CC data used to sculpt the final performance
Printed audio STEMS for each section of the orchestra, so you don’t have to load the samples to follow along
Track layout, signal flow, and routing optimized for simplicity and light resource usage
Included is the full score in PDF format, PLUS separated parts for each orchestral section for easier reading
Parts include: Woodwinds, Brass, Strings, Percussion, Piano and Harp.
Plugins & Production
See how the final mix was shaped using nothing but free stock plugins, and Spaces II (included in East West’s Composer Cloud)
No need for expensive paid plugins
WHAT YOU GET
- The “Full project” file for Cubase and Logic including all MIDI, plugins and routing
- A “Lite Project” file with all samples unloaded and Instrument tracks disabled, for a minimal resource footprint
- Fully notated score including parts (PDF)
- BONUS: Included in the project are a range of extra goodies including Expression Maps (Cubase only), Custom Track Colors, Plugin Settings & Presets, & a pre-mixed template for you to use with your own compositions
Instant download available after purchase
- Steinberg Cubase 8.5 (or higher) or Logic Pro X
- East West Symphonic Orchestra Gold*
- East West Spaces II*
- The project uses about 4GB of RAM in total, so I’d recommend a machine with 8GB of RAM minimum.
- Intel i7 2.6GHz quad-core or equivalent
- All samples streaming from a 7200RPM HDD or faster
- Note: This project was created with and confirmed to work flawlessly on a 2011 Macbook pro (i7)
Yes. You can load the "LITE" project and work with the audio stems that cover all of the used sample libraries, or you can replace the sample libraries used with your own. Note that it will not sound the same as the full mix provided.
As of this writing, the files included will only work with either Cubase or Logic.
I'd suggest signing up to our newsletter to be informed when more DAWs are supported.