BEYOND THE STORM
A cinematic orchestral piece with a generous dose of epic! This project puts the whole ensemble through its paces with a traditional approach to writing that explores a wide range of dynamics, colors, and orchestration techniques.
Explore the project file to study how these virtual instruments were programmed, performed, produced, mixed, and finalized as a polished production. Optionally, use it as a template for your own productions, with the mix and plugin settings in tact.
Note: This video shows the PLAY version of the project, before the OPUS update
The Project File
All of the MIDI and CC data used to sculpt the final performance
Printed audio STEMS for each section of the orchestra, so you can still hear the project even without owning the sample libraries used.
Expression Maps for convenient articulation management and custom keyswitches
Track layout, signal flow, and routing optimized for flexibility and easy STEM printing
Included is the full orchestral score in PDF format, PLUS separated parts for each orchestral section for easier reading.
Read along with the project and solo individual instruments for detailed study of how written score can translate into a virtual performance.
Parts include: Woodwinds, Brass, Strings, Percussion, Harp and Choir. (includes “easy clef” versions )
Plugins & Production
See how the final mix was shaped using only stock plugins, and Spaces II (included in East West’s Composer Cloud) – no need for paid plugins!
Bypass plugins to hear the before and after to fully understand the importance of production.
See how reverb was used and tweaked to enhance the depth and dimension of the orchestra.
Use the settings as presets for your own productions.
Composer for Film & TV
WHAT YOU GET
- A complete Cubase project file including all MIDI & Audio to the piece “Beyond The Storm” by film and TV composer Jayden Lawrence.
- A “Disabled Project” Cubase file with all instrument tracks disabled and samples unloaded, for a minimal resource footprint.
- Audio STEMS are included so you can still playback the project and hear it just as if all tracks were enabled.
- Fully notated score including parts (PDF)
- Documentation to help you get started and navigate the project
- BONUS: Contained in the project itself is a range of goodies you can extract such as Expression Maps, Custom Track Colors, Plugin Settings & Presets, and a pre-mixed template for you to use with your own compositions – just delete the MIDI : )
Instant download available after purchase
- Steinberg Cubase Pro (11 or higher required for full compatability)
- Eastwest Hollywood Orchestra, Hollywood Choirs, Hollywood Harp (all included in Composer Cloud +)
- East West Spaces II
- OPUS Engine (VST3)
- 22GB RAM for the Full Project / 4GB RAM for the Lite Project
- Intel i7 3.4GHz quad-core or equivalent
- Samples streaming from SSD
Yes! The long-awaited OPUS update has finally arrived!
Yes. You can load the "LITE" project and work with the audio stems that cover all of the used sample libraries, or you can replace the sample libraries used with your own. Note that it will not sound the same as the full mix provided.
Unfortunately, the files included will only work with Cubase. This project is made very specifically for Cubase’s features and the plugins that come with it.
EW Spaces II is known to give a license error on occasion, which means it won't load the impulse response or work unless you re-load a preset. If you experience this with Beyond The Storm, you can find the reverb settings at the end of the included manual
I´m very interested in this template, liked very much the sound. All my libraries are diamond, will it work correctly? I don´t have Hollywood Choir but have EWQL Choir – will it work? Can I change one library to another? What I´d have to do to change the library? Thanks!
(0) (0) Watch Unwatch
Yes this project file will work with Diamond versions of the sample libraries. If you do not own Hollywood Choirs, you can use the Choir audio file instead that is included in the project to hear how it is meant to sound.
You may swap the samples on an instrument track to be from a different library (such as EWQL Symphonic Choirs) but it will not sound the same as the original, and the expression maps will no longer work correctly, so you will need to configure these yourself. I hope this helps!
dhodiagusta (verified owner) –
This is such a fantastic track! loving this instantly, i will wait for the hoopus version
(1) (0) Watch Unwatch
Thank you! The HOOPUS version is now released!