BEYOND THE STORM
A cinematic orchestral piece with a generous dose of epic! This project puts the whole ensemble through its paces with a traditional approach to writing that explores a wide range of dynamics, colors, and orchestration techniques.
Explore the project file to study how these virtual instruments were programmed, performed, produced, mixed, and finalized as a polished production. Optionally, use it as a template for your own productions, with the mix and plugin settings in tact.
The Project File
All of the MIDI and CC data used to sculpt the final performance
Printed audio STEMS for each section of the orchestra, so you can still hear the project even without owning the sample libraries used.
Expression Maps for convenient articulation management and custom keyswitches
Track layout, signal flow, and routing optimized for flexibility and easy STEM printing
Included is the full orchestral score in PDF format, PLUS separated parts for each orchestral section for easier reading.
Read along with the project and solo individual instruments for detailed study of how written score can translate into a virtual performance.
Parts include: Woodwinds, Brass, Strings, Percussion, Harp and Choir. (includes “easy clef” versions )
Plugins & Production
See how the final mix was shaped using a variety of stock plugins, Spaces II (included in East West’s Composer Cloud), and two free plugins by Tokyo Dawn Labs – no need for paid plugins.
Bypass plugins to hear the before and after to fully understand the importance of production.
Use the settings as presets for your own productions.
WHAT YOU GET
- 2 complete Cubase project files including all MIDI & Audio
- One for the GOLD version of instruments, and one for the DIAMOND versions
- A “Lite Project” Cubase file with all instrument tracks disabled and samples unloaded, for a minimal resource footprint.
- Audio STEMS are included so you can still playback the project and hear it just as if all tracks were enabled.
- Fully notated score including parts (PDF)
- Documentation to help you get started and navigate the project
- BONUS: Contained in the project itself is a range of goodies you can extract such as Expression Maps, Custom Track Colors, Plugin Settings & Presets, and a pre-mixed template for you to use with your own compositions – just delete the MIDI : )
Instant download available after purchase
- Steinberg Cubase Pro (8.5 or higher required)
- Eastwest Hollywood Orchestra, Hollywood Choirs, Hollywood Harp (all included in Composer Cloud) – Both Gold and Diamond versions are supported
- East West Spaces II
- PLAY Engine (VST2)
- TDR NOVA, TDR Proximity
NOTE: We’ve received reports that Proximity does NOT work on MacOS Catalina at this point in time.
- 22GB RAM for the Full Project / 4GB RAM for the Lite Project
- Intel i7 3.4GHz quad-core or equivalent
- Samples streaming from SSD
Yes. You can load the "LITE" project and work with the audio stems that cover all of the used sample libraries, or you can replace the sample libraries used with your own. Note that it will not sound the same as the full mix provided.
Unfortunately, the files included will only work with Cubase. This project is made very specifically for Cubase’s features and the plugins that come with it.
EW Spaces II is known to give a license error on occasion, which means it won't load the impulse response or work unless you re-load a preset. If you experience this with Beyond The Storm, please reload the presets and dial in the settings as outlined in the Reverb Settings document >> HERE <<